Monday, May 8, 2017

Opinion Story

Compulsive Lying

“Pathological lying (also called pseudologia fantastica and mythomania) is a behavior of habitual or compulsive lying. It was first described in the medical literature in 1891 by Anton Delbrueck.” This is google's definition of a compulsive liar. I’m going to writing all about how people feel the need to always lie. Does it make you feel good? Why do you do it? I'm going to try and comprehend this act many people do.
I have came across so many people who will be talking to me and just the stuff that comes out there mouth I can't believe they would make stuff up like that. Like how does one's brain come up with that? Its gotten to the point I am impressed. Truly, impressed. Your brain is 15 centimeters and weighs about 3 pounds. And in that all that brain you generate a “cool” story, or something that you think will make you look cool. Little do you know, it's not. It's doing the exact opposite.
In Google’s brain it told me someone lies, on average, 3 times every 10 mins. But I swear some people will be lying at least 3 times in 2 minutes. Even though half of those lies are white lies like, “Wow, Love that shirt girl!!”  Even though that's half of lies people say on the daily. Thats where it starts, and from there it just goes up. Lies just grow. You start to get better at it and you feel like it boosts your confidence and that it makes you look cool or more likeable.
When I write this I’m not saying I dont lie at all. But there is a different type of lying I am talking about. This type is so extra and not needed it really drives me crazy when people feel the need to lie that much. When people are looking me in the eye, (well sometimes, because studies show when people they have the mannerism of not making eye contact), but when people do look at me and just completely make up something, i am truly impressed. And a lot of people will ask, “well how do you know they are lying?” I'm like think about this person and what they just said. This girl is saying she was on a private jet with simone biles, but isn't it the olympics, like she's competing right now, so that doesn't even make sense.
Another way you can tell they are making up some, is when you ask for the receipts, it suddenly doesn't add up. You ask to see pictures or something that you would usually ask a person, just to be nice and listen to them, they lowkey freak out and don't want to talk about this amazing thing they did or vs verus.
The way I deal with this act is usually just act super sarcastic. That's how I deal with most things. You are going to be that extra then I will too. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed me ranting about something that bugs me more than anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment