Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Africa and Abandoned Theme Parks

After reading that in kind of made me sad. Even though I knew that animals like that were decreasing in population, it was a reminder. When it talk about like a zebra getting killed because a hungry family had nothing else to eat, I don't feel as bad, at least they have a somewhat understandable reason to kill an animal. But when you hear a zebra or something is getting killed for like a rug or for money it is really sad. When I saw the one photo of the lion I loved as soon as I saw it. You can tell the photographer really has an eye, and actually cares about the animals and is dedicated.
I really like this picture just first because I really love lions, I think they are so fascinating. But when you look at this picture you probably like its edited, has a lot of photoshop done on it. But its cool to know that it doesn't, Brandt waited so long for this perfect picture and it really did turn out perfect. In this picture rule of thirds is kind of in this, because the face of the lion is one of the points. I also think the rule is simplicity because you have this great photo with this huge lion but then the back is pretty plain, but the ground is still adding a lot to this photo.

I read that Nick Brandt uses a Cannon with a 85mm. This is important because he obviously picked a certain camera to get the picture like this. Brandt explained that he doesn't use a telophoto lens because he wants the picture to be balanced the background and the main point. He wants it just how you would see it if you were there. When he does this to his photos he is really trying to show Africa in its main/real form of Africa. 

"Animals. As I write about in the essay, “I Am The Walrus”, in the new book, the animals came first, photography second. Photography was merely the best medium for me to express my feelings about animals, and the natural world." Nick Brandt

  Abandoned Theme Parks

The theme park that I would like to visit the Okpo Land, South Korea. The reason why I would want to go to this theme park would be because first it is in South Korea and I want to visit there. Also, I want to go there because in the photos it looks very cool and almost haunted. In one of the photos, they seemed to have like haunted rides that I could get some really cool action shots. Also, if I brought my camera to this theme park their a lot of cool statues that I can imagine some cool pictures in black and white. 
 Other places I would want to take pictures of would be on like a mountain in somewhere cool because I have heard and seen really cool pictures of people mountain. Also, I would want to go to Hawaii to like an active volcano site to take some cool in the motion shots. Another cool place to take pictures under water because there is such cool wildlife and cool fish. Also, I would want to take pictures in the Africa of like lions, cheetahs and etc. 
My idea of taking pictures underwater has already started and has become pretty popular. 

I think it would be fun to photograph underwater because there are such cool wildlife and there are such bright colors and different environment for each fish has a different habitat. Also, the fish have such a wide variety of fish so each picture will be very different from each other. I have also always loved going to the beach and seeing just how many different types of shells there are. One time I went snorkeling in Hawaii and it was like the best experience ever because I didn't even go out that far and I saw so much wildlife and nature it was so beautiful. 

For me to go out and take pictures I would want to get a new camera, because even though I have my iphone I am always afraid that I will run out of storage. Also, I would be more motivated if I was to go to another country I would for sure take more pictures and put lots of effort into them because I would these pictures forever and to look back on. For all this to happen I would for sure need to get some more money because this would be pretty expensive. A new camera is very expensive along with traveling can get very expensive too. I think the places I would go to and take pictures wouldn't have laws, I wouldn't think, because they would be open to the public.   

No comments:

Post a Comment