Monday, April 3, 2017

Architecture Preview #1

Kunsthaus Graz, Austria
1. Peter Cook2. 20033. It is located in Graz, Austria4. You can visit it5. It cost $50 million to build6. It was built as part of Capital of Culture celebrations in 20037. When I saw the photo for this building,m it really captured my eye because it just looked like an organelle or a blob made of jello or something. The fact that this was made as an actual place is really interesting.

Atomium, Belgium
1. André Waterkeyn
2. 19573. Brussels4. Public.5. A triangular piece about 2 meters (7 ft) long sold for €1,000.6. It was built for Expo 58.7. I chose this building because I don't know much about Belgium. This turned out to be different than I thought- I imagined a building, but this turned out to be a giant crystal structure shaped architecture. I chose this picture because the rest seemed to boring and this one made the structure pop out.

La Pedrera, Spain1. Antoni Gaudi 2. 19063. Barcelona4. Public5. no6. it was made s a house7. I chose this building because it was the first one on the list. I tend to pick that one because it is usually the best one since it is listed first. It also looked really cool on Eugene's computer when he was doing this.  





Turning Torso, Sweden1. Santiago Calatrava2. Construction began February 14th 20013. Located in Malmo, Sweden4. you can visit5. no info on cost6. To resemble a human spine twisting
7. When I saw that this building was supposed to resemble a humans 'turning torso', I had to learn more. It is really cool to see how actual humans and things inspire people to such things on a larger scale. 
Krzywy Domek (The Crooked House), Poland
1. Szotyńscy & Zaleski2. 20043. Located in Sopot, Poland4. You can visit it5. No info on cost6. It was built in inspiration of Jan Marcin Szancer and Per Dahlberg fairytale drawings7. I picked this place because when I looked at the picture, it looked very twisted and illusion like. Then I started to think "how did they make everything on the inside right side up, but the whole exterior crooked?" I got really interested in how it was built so I chose it.


No comments:

Post a Comment